Thursday, December 29, 2011

Turkish Washcloths (Lif)

4 Comments

So I thought I'd start making some turkish washcloths to put up on etsy since it entwines with my whole mainly "turkish" themed items!  So here they are, just 2 for now, but more to come.  I really like the pink and white one, I've included an early photo when I'd just got into it.  Surprisingly these aren't that quick to whip up, the stitch I haven't seen anywhere BUT turkish style crochet, I know its called fistik ilmegi in turkish however I'm unsure about the name in English.  I made one of these about 3 months ago and I swear by it in the shower.  Its so relaxing and gives exfoliation without being tough and abrasive.  Anyway these babies are going up on Etsy.  Enjoy.




4 comments:

Maven December 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Your blog/site is a never ending source of inspiration!

Happy and healthy new year's wishes to you and your family!

AnatolianCollections December 30, 2011 at 4:08 AM

Aw maven you've made my week with that comment! I'm gathering you're maven from ravelry who if my memory serves me right was trying to find more info on oya (this blog being your number one source of course haha).

Many happy wishes for you and your family aswel for the new year.

wendy harbaugh January 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

looks like puff stitch ( body of work) and solomon's knot (aka as lovers knot) corner stitches

AnatolianCollections January 8, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I looked it up and you're right wendy, however this puff stitch is joined differently. This prevents the "holes" between joined stitches becoming too big.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...